Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labour Mobility Deduction only offered when selecting "I have a T2200"

The online premiere 2022 return software is making me select that I've been issued a T2200 in order to add in labour mobility deduction details as an eligible tradesperson who travelled and had expenses, but the CRA says a T2200 is NOT required, only reciepts. If I click that I had expenses but no T2200 was issued, it won't give the option to enter them. The software is wrong and needs to be updated

4 Replies
Hkp

Yes I second this! I paid for the Premiere Tax Expert to do my taxes and claim this deduction after the software would not let me proceed without a T2200. I ran into the same results, they will not claim it without a T2200. I called the CRA personally and had the issue escalated up the ladder, I was called back today from their team and they stated a T2200 is NOT needed to claim the Labour Mobility Deduction, unfortunately they are not able to send me anything in writing and recommended someone at TurboTax/My tax preparer call them directly and get a verification of this ruling. Considering holding off finishing and filing my taxes until this is looked into by TurboTax.

Please see the instruction in this TurboTax article on how to claim the Labour Mobility Deduction in TurboTax.

How do I claim the Labour Mobility Deduction for Tradespeople?

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Did you even read my post? Your article is wrong. 

When in your TurboTax return- click on "FIND" on the top right and type in T777- and go. You will then answer "YES" and continue - The following page says this: TurboTax only allows you to claim employment expenses under one selection.

Which applies to you?

I received form T2200 - Declaration of Conditions of Employment from my employer and/or I want to claim the Labour Mobility Deduction.

This is why you need to choose this one- I receive form T2200 -since it says AND/OR . Therefore, in your case you don't have the T2200 but are claiming the Labour Mobility Deduction.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.