Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MM120
Returning Member

Limited Partnership Income is showing as self-employed & calculating CPP payments

I have Limited Partnership income on a T5013 in boxes 10 and 104. This should be passive income but it is showing up as self-employed & calculating CPP payments due. How do I fix this?

6 Replies

Limited Partnership Income is showing as self-employed & calculating CPP payments

Please double-check that you have entered the correct Partner Member Code on the T5013, as the code determines whether you are a limited partner (not self-employed), or an active partner that needs to submit a self-employment form.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

MM120
Returning Member

It doesn’t matter if I use partner code “0” limited partnership or partner code “5” limited liability partnership, the total populates Schedule 8 and calculates CPP payments owing.

Peanuts

Hi:

I have the same problem.  Did you ever find a fix for this?

@Peanuts 

Please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 as they will be better able to assist you.

Peanuts

Hello:  I tried calling the phone support team and all I get is a bot that doesn't allow me to speak to a human.  Can you provide an answer through this forum?

@Peanuts I can't see what is happening in your return. Phone support can look at your return with you. Call 1-888-829-8608 and when the computer asks you if you want info emailed to you, say NO and you will be transferred to an agent.