Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cabraria
Returning Member

Line 9918 adding at least 1 to spouse income

I received the message below when trying to Netfile.

I checked boxes 60575 and it was at 12 for living at location 12 month not below 6, also 60576 was at 400 and did not exceed 400.

It said to change the spouse amount from "0" to "1" on line 9918, but I don't know where line 9918 is? My spouse did not work 2023, and my income is non-taxable therefore shows we did not make an income, even though I did. I am not sure where line 9918 is to change my spouses from 0 to 1?

There are entries on lines 60575 and/or 60576 on the Form BC479 for the British Columbia renter’s tax credits and one of the following situations applies to your client’s return:

1. The following information is required, if applicable:
    1. The net income of your client’s spouse or common-law partner. Where this amount is zero or negative, enter “1” on line 9918.
    2. The universal child care benefit (UCCB) reported by the spouse or common-law partner, or the UCCB repayment reported on line 21300 on the spouse’s or common-law partner’s return.
    3. The registered disability savings plan (RDSP) income reported by the spouse or common-law partner, or the RDSP repayment reported on line 55360 on the spouse’s or common-law partner’s return.
  2. There is an entry on line 60576. There must be an entry on line 60575.
  3. Line 60575 must not be less than “6.”
  4. Line 60576 cannot exceed the maximum allowable of $400.
  5. You have indicated this is a pre-bankruptcy return. Delete the entries as this tax credit is not allowed on a pre-bankruptcy return.
  6. You have indicated that your client is deceased. Delete the entries as this tax credit is not allowed on a subsection 70(1) return.
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Please try filing your spouse's return first, then try your return again.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Please try filing your spouse's return first, then try your return again.