Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mistake in Form ON428

I was questioned by Revenue Canada for a mistaken entry made the TurboTax software about Line 60970 "number of dependants with a mental or physical impairment" in Form ON428. I do not have any child with disability and never enter that when preparing the return using TurboTax.  But that Line item showed "1" instead of "0" which ruined my return and caused me hassle explaining to the agency. Now I opened the form in TurboTax trying to correct the line item. When I double clicked it, the Dependant Information dialog box popped up but nothing I could change to correct the mistake.

3 Replies

Mistake in Form ON428

The easiest way to fix this is to go to your CRA My Account- if you do not have one please register for one. Then you will be able to go directly to your filed return click on change my return and enter the line number you need to update and submit it. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Mistake in Form ON428

I already wrote to CRA and they corrected for me. But I still have to correct my TurboTax file to avoid the mistake being carried through to next year's return. Please advise how to make the correction in the software.

Mistake in Form ON428

Please contact our phone support team for assistance as they can view your return. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.