Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hkjear66

My return is producing an S6 - I am a full time student and do not qualify. Turbo tax did not present a 'will you be claiming' option. Can't remove Schedule 6 now?

I wasn't given the option 'will you be claiming the WITB'.  My review said I didn't qualify, which I was aware of as I'm a full time student. I tried to used to 'find' fuction and select 'no' but it wasn't there. I'd like to remove the schedule 6 as I don't qualify and I haven't been successful.

TurboTax says if I don't qualify, it will not claim it. I want to ensure I won't get reassessed later.

Thank you.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My return is producing an S6 - I am a full time student and do not qualify. Turbo tax did not present a 'will you be claiming' option. Can't remove Schedule 6 now?

You can not remove the Schedule 6 from your tax return. The form will remain there even though there is no claim being made.

If you do not qualify and the review states this, you can be assured that no claim is being made for the WITB. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You can not remove the Schedule 6 from your tax return. The form will remain there even though there is no claim being made.

If you do not qualify and the review states this, you can be assured that no claim is being made for the WITB.