Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
THEONECR7

my RRSP contributions won't show in the summary

I've entered my RRSP contributions and my HBP repayment amounts, I've done this for years no big deal right but after I'm done and saved when I try to file my return I get an error

"CRA Result Code: 84
#2197 - Please verify the following lines found on the Schedule 7:
1. Make sure to enter the amount of unused RRSP/PRPP contributions available for 2023 on line 1 of Schedule 7. This amount is $0. If this amount is incorrect, please call the Canada Revenue Agency's Individual tax enquiries line.
2. Make sure to enter the total of the RRSP/SPP/PRPP contributions made after the first 60 days of 2023 and no later than the first 60 days of the following year, on line 24500 of Schedule 7.
3. If necessary, make sure any contributions you are designating as a repayment under the HBP and/or the LLP are correctly indicated on line 24600 and/or 24620 of Schedule 7.Your tax return has not been accepted by the Canada Revenue Agency. It contains errors that must be corrected. Please review the following error(s), make the necessary corrections, and try resubmitting your return. For forms or additional information, visit the Canada Revenue Agency website and the Corrections page on the NETFILE website. For further assistance, please contact us."

I've deleted, re-entered the amounts but for the life of me, turbo tax won't update the RRSP amounts in my return, it keeps saying zero even though it's cleared entered and changed my return amount based on my contributions. I want to delete my return and start over but I had already paid so I don't get that option anymore :(

3 Replies

Did you go onto the HBP and designate your contribution as a repayment?

THEONECR7

yes I did, again I do this every year and the repayment is the in the amount of 826 but when I get to the registered savings plan summary it shows the HBP repayment but it does not put my RRSP value of 1000 in the "Contributed during the first 60 days of 2024" says 0.00 when it has clearly been entered in the "RRSP Contribution Summary" correctly.

@THEONECR7 Please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 as they will be better able to assist you.