Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative CCA wont allow you to go to next screen, even when you fill in the vehicle sold amount properly, this will force ppl to lie on their taxes. fix this

Why can't I go to the next page when I have a vehicle I sold that was used for CCA, I sold it for nearly the same amount of CCA I was originally given, and now it seems Turbo Tax software cant even do the calculations. This is a real pain in the butt.  And before anyone says to call for support.

I have called and they took control of my computer and couldn't figure it out. Just not with me playing around it will allow me to go onto the next screen if I say my vehicle was sold for 15k less than it was... so its clearly a software issue you guys have that wont let it fill in the forms properly. I sold the vehicle for nearly the same amount of CCA I was originally given for it 3yrs ago. This should be easy to do! Please fix the software, i am close to just taking my taxs elsewhere to do them. I even selected audit defense thing but I can't even get the software to fill in the forms properly with a negative CCA, I looked at the CRA forms and it says if its negative to put 0. Well I tried that with your program and it wont even allow me to go to the next page. I am wasting time here waiting for you guys to fix this. Its BEYOND frustrating. By the end of next week I will just take all my taxs to H and R block to get them to do it properly since your system isn't working properly.

This needs to get fixed, you're gonna get ppl lying on their taxs since the system wont allow it to go to the next page unless its showing the vehicle selling for an amount that wont make the CCA a negative. 

1 Reply

Negative CCA wont allow you to go to next screen, even when you fill in the vehicle sold amount properly, this will force ppl to lie on their taxes. fix this

Great to see in your other post, that this was resolved with live support assist team.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.