Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
afta
Returning Member

Netfile CRA result code 84

I have been met with CRA result code 84 when trying to netfile. It gives me 2 options as to the problem.

It reads as follows:

#561 - You entered an amount for eligible tuition fees on line 32000 and/or line 32001 of the federal Schedule 11 and on line 59140 on the provincial or territorial Schedule 11. One of the following situations applies to your return:

1. Your province or territory of residence on December 31 is other than Yukon. Line 59140 must equal lines 32000 minus 45350 for Canada training credits plus 32001. When line 32000 minus line 45350 is negative, then line 59140 must equal line 32001

2. Your territory of residence on December 31 is Yukon. Line 59140 must equal the sum of lines 32000 and 32001.Your tax return has not been accepted by the Canada Revenue Agency. It contains errors that must be corrected. Please review the following error(s), make the necessary corrections, and try resubmitting your return. For forms or additional information, visit the Canada Revenue Agency website and the Corrections page on the NETFILE website. For further assistance, please contact us.

I live in BC, so i followed step one. All of the numbers were and still are correct. 59140 equals 32000 minus 45350 plus 32001. I have tried submitting again but no luck. 

Also written was " Write down these error message codes: 561, 561, 561, NA, NA. Then, contact TurboTax Customer Support for assistance."

1 Reply

Netfile CRA result code 84

In order to help you with this situation, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.