Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jasonoff
Returning Member

NETFILE CRA Result Code: 94

Any ideas on the below error?  All of my forms were auto filled from the integration with CRA.

Next Step to file your return

We're sorry, the Canada Revenue Agency was unable to accept your NETFILE tax return.
Message from the CRA:

CRA Result Code: 94
The Canada Revenue Agency was unable to process your return at this time. The NETFILE transmission service may be closed for scheduled maintenance. Please try again later and if the issue persists, contact us. contact us.
You have 2 options:
• Recommended - Try NETFILE again in a few minutes.
Please note: You only have 5 attempts to NETFILE your return before the CRA will lock you out.
If the problem persists, please contact TurboTax Customer Support for assistance.
• Print and mail your return to the CRA.

10 Replies
Jasonoff
Returning Member

Error Code 94 error message from https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/forms-publications/publications/rc4018/chapter-2.ht...

The entry to indicate the number of selected financial data (SFD) records transmitted does not equal the number of SFD records received. Review the records and correct the error.

This has been known to happen with a simple piece of information that may have been left as an empty field, etc. in the return.

If anyone is experiencing this problem, please start from the beginning and review all the data in your profile.

Name/Address/DOB/SIN ... etc. One digit or one letter discrepancy with the information saved in your file from the Canada Revenue Agency or Revenu Québec will cause this kind of error message. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Jasonoff
Returning Member

I have gone through a few times and everything is accurate.  Name/Address/DOB/SIN ... etc was also pulled from previous file.

EDIT:  While I was going through everything again.  The step that does the forms autofill from CRA showed an error.  "The Canada Revenue Agency's NETFILE service is currently unavailable. We recommend trying again later."

Possibly related?  If so, odd it would produce an error code submitting if it was unavailable.

Yes it could possible be related as we have also just received this message. 

Jasonoff
Returning Member

Can you reply back here when the system is back up so I can try submitting again?

We are told the problem has just been corrected. Please clear your cache/cookies, sign out of your return and restart your computer before trying again.

Jasonoff
Returning Member

"Please clear your cache/cookies, sign out of your return and restart your computer before trying again.'

Completed the above.  I still see the "The Canada Revenue Agency's NETFILE service is currently unavailable. We recommend trying again later." warning banner on the "Filing Hub" page so I will hold off attempting to submit.

Thank you for the feedback.

Jasonoff
Returning Member

I was able to file a few min ago so the glitch was on the Netfile side.