Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
John-Deme

Netfile error bug with address

My wife and I own a duplex for rental.  On my spouses return, we get the error message “Your business or rental address is missing information (i.e. number and street) or it has a character that can't be used. These include an ampersand (&) an asterisk (*), spaces after the entry or a period as a first or last character. All address fields must also begin and end with an alpha or numeric character. As well, your postal code must be valid and match your Province of residence."  However, the address is correct for myself, but gives this error only for my spouse. I was able to Netfile my taxes, but Turbotax does not allow us to file my spouses return until this “fix” is resolved. No matter how we enter the address, we continue to get the same error message, even though there is no error in the address entered. On line, I see others with this same problem.  Can you assist?

1 Reply

Netfile error bug with address

Please make sure that there are no extra T776 forms. If there isn't try deleting the address on you wife's T776 and re-entering it.

If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.