Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My 20 year old daughter & 2 year old granddaughter live with us. My daughter claims the UCCB, CCTB and the GST credit. Are we able to claim them both as dependents?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My 20 year old daughter & 2 year old granddaughter live with us. My daughter claims the UCCB, CCTB and the GST credit. Are we able to claim them both as dependents?

No you cannot, unless your daughter suffers from a physical or mental impairment or is registered as disabled by CRA. Then a variety of credit options such as Infirm Adult credit are available.
Unless your daughter is mentally or physically incapable of supporting your grandchild, then it is your daughter who will claim your grandchild as a dependant.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

No you cannot, unless your daughter suffers from a physical or mental impairment or is registered as disabled by CRA. Then a variety of credit options such as Infirm Adult credit are available.
Unless your daughter is mentally or physically incapable of supporting your grandchild, then it is your daughter who will claim your grandchild as a dependant.