Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SpudHead

Non-resident, Paid for help then got locked out and can't file or contact anyone.

I'm a non resident and tried to to pay for getting help because this site is broken and doesn't recognize an NR4 form. I tried several times to get help but it said I can't because I'm a non-resident. Then it suddenly worked. I finished filling everything in and PAID. When I reviewed my file I found a very simple error which I fixed but then when I check the file again most of it was missing. I went back to check a few things then when it got to my address I said I was non-resident and it locked me out saying that I can't use the version with help that ALREADY PAID FOR.

At this point I CAN'T DO ANYTHING (not yelling, just highlighting). I can't complete my filing because I can't get past the address page, and I can't get live help because they will only phone me and it won't accept my non-Canadian phone number. When I got the help to fix their broken site and fill in my NR4 info in a different section I DID text chat with someone, but that doesn't seem to  be there anymore. I tried to start all over again and it did allow to use the version with help again and say I'm a non-resident, but then it wants me to pay again.

At this point I paid and I cannot do anything and I have no way of asking for help.

1 Reply

Non-resident, Paid for help then got locked out and can't file or contact anyone.

As per your file a refund has been issued.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.