Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Northern Travel Allowance Form

I am just wondering if Turbotax has updated the NortherN Travel Allowance form to match that of the CRA. Changes came into effect for the 2021 tax year, and though I waited until July to file my taxes, Turbotax had not yet updated the form in their software. Though I have been using this software since it originally came out, it is a pain when the forms are not up to date and I have to subsequently file a manual form after the fact anyway. I will not be purchasing this year if the forms are not up to date.

3 Replies

What was the issue you were having?

All the forms in the 2021 program are up to date. For 2022, we are still working on some forms, as the CRA themselves still haven’t finalized certain things. But if there are no changes from last year, then the T2222 is the same as it was last year. 

Chart B does not contain sufficient rows to be able to break down all trips. Now that the government is assigning $1,200 per individual, each person's trips must be shown separately in chart B. The software should permit additional rows to be added as required. Chart A should also be adjusted to permit users to be able to enter more than 4 people if required. I would consider these to be pretty minor adjustments that would make life easier for users. On the forms themselves, it could either add the info, or create a second worksheet (as is done with medical expenses).

In regard to the number of lines, the form is the same as last year. However, I can pass on your comments as a suggestion to our product development team. Thank you for your input.