Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abegswole
Returning Member

Not honouring discount code & useless customer service

I have the exact same issue. I clicked on the link for the 20% discount offered through Scotiabank. It did not work at the payment page for Turbo Tax. I have tried a several times with no success. Reading about the same issue experienced by other users who fell into the same trap, I now believe this was done in a deliberately deceitful way. The discount entices you to complete the return only to see that there is no discount after completing and getting to the payment page. I am not happy with this. I hate being cheated. 

Can you please confirm that the link is still valid, and if yes, did you go to your bank to ask why it wasn't working? This is an affiliate link.

You can save your return- go back to the link click on it- and make sure you choose the same one you started with and then you should be able to go to the "Review" section of your return and the discount should show up.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

abegswole
Returning Member

I have tried over and over. You can see from many others with similar issue with other affiliates that this is not a one-off. Well, looks like it's time for me look elsewhere for my tax filing.

@abegswole We have sent you a private message.

FCS001FCS
Returning Member

I have the same issue with BMO 20% discount. I tried to apply the discount from the BMO link but TurboTax charged me $40 instead of the $32 it should have. Kindly refund the $8 to the credit-card I used.

Thanks 

@FCS001FCS we have sent you a private message.

Ken152
Returning Member

Hi, i also have the same issues for CIBC discount link as well. I clicked the link before going to start my tax. Today when i finish filing and want to pay. They still ask me to pay $40x2 instead of $32x2. 

What should i do? 

I have sent you a private message.

The funny part is I received a similar message privately from Intuit asking me to send proof of the discount not working. But Intuit did not provide an email address to reply to and replying to the message resulted in a delivery rejection.  They have designed the system to avoid giving discounts. Anyway here is the proof. Capture.JPG

crateva

I've also been trying to access the 20% discount through my Scotiabank account, but similar to others, it's not working. TurboTax - is there a code we can input instead?