Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Isabelle11
Returning Member

"Now, let's get your spouse's information", no-SIN --- AND submit tax return online

Hi there, my husband and I got married but we are not living together all the time. This means that I am still filing taxes in Canada whilst he hasn't had to acquire a Canadian SIN. I would like to know how I might bypass the "getting my spouses info"/SIN forced fields...without having to print and mail in my report (submit electronically). This would make my life a lot easier (and save on paper)! Thank you!

3 Replies

"Now, let's get your spouse's information", no-SIN --- AND submit tax return online

If this is your first year completing a Canadian Tax return you will need to print and mail your return. You can simply put all zeros for his SIN number if he doesn't have one. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Isabelle11
Returning Member

Thanks Brenda, I have been filing taxes in Canada for 20 + yrs so, no, it's not my first year. My question remains...? 

Please contact CRA at 1-800-959-8281 to see what they may require since your spouse isn't in Canada.