Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ODSP

Greetings! I recently doing my pre-file of the 2019 tax return, but one part is not clear. I receiving ODSP with my wife, the payments are coming on my name, but I need to write an amount for my wife too.

The "system" is still bouncing back as an error... What should I do, or what amount should I write in for my spouse? Can I leave it $0? Thanks in advance.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

ODSP

If you have only got one slip under your name, put the full amount on just one slip.

The CRA requires that the spouse with the higher net income (Line 236) will report all ODSP (and other Provincial Assistance income) on one tax return. TurboTax will automatically put the amount on the return of the higher net income spouse.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

ODSP

If you have only got one slip under your name, put the full amount on just one slip.

The CRA requires that the spouse with the higher net income (Line 236) will report all ODSP (and other Provincial Assistance income) on one tax return. TurboTax will automatically put the amount on the return of the higher net income spouse.