Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ontario Staycation Tax Credit - Issues to netfile

I am trying to netfile my return and the following message alert is appearing at the top of the netfile page.

"CANADA REVENUE HAS RELEASED NEW INFORMATION FOR THE ONTARIO STAYCATION TAX CREDIT THAT IS NOT INCLUDED INTO THIS RELEASE.  IF YOU ARE CLAIMING THIS CREDIT WE DO NOT RECOMMENT YOU TO NETFILE AT THIS TIME. THE ONTARIO STAYCATION TAX CREDIT CHANGES WILL BE INCLUDED INTO OUR NEXT RELEASE."

I am claiming this credit so I cannot netfile.  WHEN WILL TURBOTAX BE UPDATING THE NEXT RELEASE SO I CAN NETFILE MY RETURN.

12 Replies

I am trying to enter receipts for Staycation but HST #s keep sending a notice to round up numbers? AND I still have more hotel entries but cannot add to form   and cannot move forward with warning I get about rounding up numbers 

Only input the numbers.  Do not input the RT 000???.

Need2Know519
Returning Member

Only Enter the Whole Numbers.  (RT 0001 etc is for CRA reference..)

Answered Below  - First Week in March, Next Release to Include Fix!

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/troubleshooting/discussion/re-ontario-staycation-tax-...

Alert on staycation tax credit.  When will the release be updated so I can send in my taxes

Last week we heard March 2nd in a different Staycation community thread.  Just checked and no software updates sent out yet to my computer anyways.  This is a mess for lots of people, we're all waiting on TurboTax to send out a release that updates our software so a ton of us can file.  I've been waiting nearly three weeks personally for this.  Here's hoping TurboTax applies the fix in the timelines we've been promised.

The threads will be updated as soon as it has been release. Thank you for your patience.

Tax20231

Do we have a date for the release? I would like to netfile immediately.

21c123

I am not claiming staycation but am still not able to Netfile, software shows it is up to date.

When is this going to get fixed.

Not TurboTax’s finest year.  I’ve used it for over 10 years error free, this is a first for me.