Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ontario Staycation Tax Credit - Not included in Turbo Tax Current Version

I too am awaiting this update.  Any news would be appreciated.

I agree, this should be updating asap, as many of us are waiting to file.

If I have to buy different software, I'll never go back to Turbo tax again.

To enter the Ontario Staycation please go to the Easy-Steps. You can then return to the Forms View once it is entered.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

I don't think you're understanding the software defect.  Returns are ready to e-file and submit, the staycation tax credit forms are completed using easy step and there's a bug in your software.  Many of us are impacted and held hostage, we can't submit our returns.  Please see the software version/build I provided earlier in the thread and test this, we need a fix.

The error message has also been provided by another community user in this thread.  I do not believe this is user error.  I used easy step to complete the form and I'm ready to go.  Your software says the forms aren't current and it can't send the file to CRA.  We're lining up for a fix from Turbo Tax.  

To summarize, TurboTax please review this thread from start to finish to gain an understanding of the problem.  If easy step is the work around I can assure you it's not.  I used this method and it's failed in the version I've downloaded.  I do not want to start from ground zero and recreate a new tax return in your software.  You should be pushing out a fix for users encountering the same issue, it may be different versions/builds, I've provided the version I'm running for your development team to investigate, resolve and send out updates to impacted users.

Friends that are impacted, I just posted the problem on the TurboTax Canada Facebook page, it looks like posts there are being responded to, hopefully this will help get this defect resolved faster.  I've been working on this for 5 days now and not receiving any acknowledgement or a commitment to fix the problem through other means with the company.

Thank TurboTaxGinnette for taking the time to reply to this thread.  I guess to be clear about what the issue is, it's not an issue of entering the data, it's an issue of when you are finished and try tp NETFILE, that the software says sorry, please do not NETFILE if you are using the STAYCATION credit as there is an update that is still needed.  Do you know when this update is coming?  We cannot NETFILE...

Take a look at the response I received to my post on TurboTax Canada's Facebook page.  This years version is a bust, lots of people impacted.  They haven't provided a date for a fix but aware of the problem at least.  It's not just this tax form but others as well.

Thank you for the update! Would you be able to post a snapshot or a link to the Facebook reply they gave you?