Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ontario Staycation Tax Credit - Not included in Turbo Tax Current Version

Hopefully this link works.  (1) TurboTax Canada - Posts | Facebook

I just go this message back from turbotax through a private message on Facebook 

7A055DCF-510A-405A-BE59-CA39667E5D1C.png

Any Update on this issue being resolved?

They mentioned that they are working on it and should be included in the next software update planned for first week of March

Thanks for posting that.

Need2Know519
Returning Member

Thanks for Updating Everyone!

To Summarize for the Speed Readers..   First Week of March Planned Update to release to correct staycation Netfile Alert when you are about to Netfile your Return!

Cheers!

Thanks for the update.  For my clarity, is that next week or the first full week of March (week of March 6)?

To be honest I’m not sure. I am hoping they mean next week by the end of the week. 

Hi All,

Just received this from Turbo tax on Twitter:

"Hello, Staycation credit will be available on March 2nd. Thanks A."

Hope this helps..

Thanks

Go team!  Thanks so much for updating this thread.  The weird thing is the form is embedded in the software, I used Easy Step as directed to claim the credit and my return looks fine with the exception of the e-file warning error.  There is a possibility this warning message is actually an error in the software code.

I was tempted to send my return today electronically then follow up with CRA to make sure it transferred correctly with no modifications but concerned it will mess up my tax filing in general.  Out of curiosity, has anyone tried to e-file yet with this Staycation warning message?  I read on either the TurboTax Canada Facebook page or another thread in this community that a user recently encountered a similar error (forms not updated - a different tax credit), e-filed anyways and the file transfer was accepted.  It was not mentioned what the outcome was for this person and if their return was modified unknowingly due to the "missing tax credit form".

Not sure if I want to be the beta tester for this, I was advised by CRA that if the file transfer modifies my return it needs to be amended/re-filed and it's a messy delay.  Probably better to wait for the software update to get pushed out and truly hope TurboTax keeps their promise on the date of the fix.