Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
natividadperezcreo
Returning Member

Ontario Trillium Benefit estimate shows 0 but amounts do show in the payment schedule.

In the Bottom Line section, ("Let's Review Your Numbers"), on the last step, The estimated HST/GST credit shows $0.00, but the actual payment schedule shows the expected amounts in my case.

So, totals do show when you click on the payment schedule. I think this is a glitch in the system.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Or am I missing something in my declaration? Annual income is 0 and I think I selected the right options in the provincial section.

3 Replies

Ontario Trillium Benefit estimate shows 0 but amounts do show in the payment schedule.

Please clear your browser cache (or use a different browser) and try again. 

Also, please note, the GST/HST credit amounts are only estimates and may be different from the amounts calculated by the CRA. 

natividadperezcreo
Returning Member

I use Chrome, the latest version.

I cleared the cache, tried in an incognito window, and then switched to Edge, also the latest version. 

The problem is still the same, the estimate shows 0 but the amounts show the correct values in the schedule:

Screenshot 2024-04-09 155614.pngScreenshot 2024-04-09 155649.png

Yes, it looks like the amounts are sometimes not displaying properly on some pages. But at the same time, the amounts are being calculated.  

Also, both the Trillium Benefits and the GST/HST credit amounts shown in TurboTax are only estimates. You will get notices from the CRA and the Ontario government after you file your return showing the actual amounts that you will be getting.