Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lyd018
Returning Member

Our TurboTax application has stopped working properly. It rarely happens; we're sorry it happened when you were using it.

Thank you I have tried all these things and no luck.

Our TurboTax application has stopped working properly. It rarely happens; we're sorry it happened when you were using it.

In order to help you with this situation, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us. When asked if you wish to receive an email say NO then say "speak to a representative" then hold the line. If a resolution is not found, please ask for an escalation to have an investigation done to solve this issue.

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

lyd018
Returning Member

Hi, I called last night and the representative said my file might be corrupted. Can you escalate it?

This may be something you can verify before we escalate this: Windows 10 and Windows 11 in S mode FAQ.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

@lyd018 You will need to call them again and request the escalation if they cannot find a resolution. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us. When asked if you wish to receive an email say NO then say "speak to a representative" then hold the line. If a resolution is not found, please ask for an escalation to have an investigation done to solve this issue.

Thank you for your patience and for choosing TurboTax.

lyd018
Returning Member

I don't use Windows. I called and was told I have to do the return all over again. Really frustrating. Not sure I will continue with Turbotax after this experience. Two days of work and one hour over the phone with live help.. gone. 

Did you ask for an escalation as a we do not see a call on file for today and an escalation is required to investigate this issue for you.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

lyd018
Returning Member

Yes I did request an escalation and was told even if they escalate they can't do anything about it. I called today and two nights ago. Can you help do something about this? Thank you.

Can you please clarify if you are using a MAC computer and if you are using TurboTax Desktop version?the 

lyd018
Returning Member

I'm using a Mac, desktop version. I tried with the app on my phone and got the same issue. Tried in incognito mode as well and web version on my phone.