Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mimsi--4

I get an error code from CRA #93 total income on line 135 does not match line 9946. I checked and the two lines match so what do I do now?

I get CRA error #93 which could mean that line 135 for business income does not match line 9946, but that is not the case. What do I do now?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I get an error code from CRA #93 total income on line 135 does not match line 9946. I checked and the two lines match so what do I do now?

Quoting directly from the CRA Netfile Error code 93 - here - https://bit.ly/2u1sIG0

“There are rental and/or self-employment activities reported on the return and one of the following situations applies to your client's return:

No selected financial data (SFD) records were submitted.

The client is converting to a December 31 fiscal period and the sum of the net incomes/losses at field 9946 on the SFD statements minus any amount at line D on the Form T1139, does not equal the total income (or loss) reported at fields 126, 135, 137, 139, 141 and/or 143.

The client is using the alternative method (Part 2 of the Form T1139) and the sum of the net incomes/losses at field 9946 on the SFD statements, plus any amounts for additional business income at line G, minus any amount at line I, does not equal the total income (or loss) reported at fields 126, 135, 137, 139, 141 and/or 143.”

• So please go double check all your entries as per error message above.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
moms1923

how i do correct from here

Please contact our support team, as they will be able to view your screen, if the agent is unable to resolve your issue, please request to have your situation "escalated" to a higher level. Answer the questions, so it guides you towards the right team.  Apply the drop downs and you will get a phone number specified to your question (ie - support, care): I want to talk to someone. How do I phone you? - https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/3152013

Quoting directly from the CRA Netfile Error code 93 - here - https://bit.ly/2u1sIG0

“There are rental and/or self-employment activities reported on the return and one of the following situations applies to your client's return:

No selected financial data (SFD) records were submitted.

The client is converting to a December 31 fiscal period and the sum of the net incomes/losses at field 9946 on the SFD statements minus any amount at line D on the Form T1139, does not equal the total income (or loss) reported at fields 126, 135, 137, 139, 141 and/or 143.

The client is using the alternative method (Part 2 of the Form T1139) and the sum of the net incomes/losses at field 9946 on the SFD statements, plus any amounts for additional business income at line G, minus any amount at line I, does not equal the total income (or loss) reported at fields 126, 135, 137, 139, 141 and/or 143.”

• So please go double check all your entries as per error message above.

I am having this same issue for the first time this year. i called and they seemed confused as well...

Any resolution?? im having the same issue

KunalG85
Returning Member

The error code 93 may be caused by Form T1139 in the "TurboTax Self-Employed Online". 

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/filing/discussion/to-get-rid-of-the-t1139-in-turbotax...

I would recommend you to follow these steps to omit this form from your tax return and then have your file verified by Tax experts if you have the "Assist and Review" feature. This might ensure that the error code has been resolved, and you are able to verify your file before submission to the CRA as well.

Good Luck! Hope this helps you. 

Kunal G.

KunalG85
Returning Member

@Nicolemacdonald22 @The error code 93 may be caused by Form T1139 in the TurboTax Self-Employed Online". 

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/filing/discussion/to-get-rid-of-the-t1139-in-turbotax...

I would recommend you to follow these steps to omit this form from your tax return and then have your file verified by Tax experts if you have the "Assist and Review" feature. This might ensure that the error code has been resolved, and you are able to verify your file before submission to the CRA as well.

Good Luck! Hope this helps you. 

Kunal G.

Figured it out. It’s clearly a glitch.

I started a new return, entered exact same info and worked fine.

fix it Turbo. 😤 

DonON

Having the same error.  Removed the Self Employed business all together, saved the new information and logged-out.  Went back in and although the business is removed the T1139 is still showing and refers to the business I removed when I review the T1 General.  Can you provide me with the escalation number directly.  I've already worked with the help line.