Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question re pricing etc

Hi.. I have used Turbotax for several years, and likely I will not use it again.  Previously, I could file 5 returns for myself and my family, for a flat rate of about $35.  This year, it cost me about $170.  All of our returns are quite simple ones.  I used to work for the CRA, so for 30 years or so, I did all of our returns manually.  One return I submitted was free, then the next two cost about $23 each.  When I did my return, it should also have been about $23.   I have one T4A that comes from a part time job, which I was told to report as self employed income.   One number ( wages) had to be entered.  No expenses, or anything else.  That bumped up my cost to about $100.    

The only thing that might help me to consider using Turbotax again is first... perhaps a refund for the huge difference in this year's cost ( $170 vs $35)

Second, I would like to see a return to the old flat rate price.

Otherwise, it is back to manual filing.  I should have done it this year, but I  am waiting for eye surgery and using the paper forms was a challenge.   Next year should be different

R Harrison

[email address removed]

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

question re pricing etc

thanks but... it's too late

I had to submit  my taxes.   It would still be nice to get some kind of partial refund

Rob H

View solution in original post

2 Replies
David_MAR1
Returning Member

question re pricing etc

Hi R Harrison,

Thank you so much for raising your case to our attention. I understand that you are unhappy with the pricing of the Turbotax product for your 5 tax returns. We do have complexity based pricing model that determines the price for each Turbotax customer based on their specific needs. As part of that model, we also have a free product, that addresses many filing situations. If you would like more information on whether your situation is a match for our free product, please contact our customer support at 1-888-829-8608. 

Regards,

David

question re pricing etc

thanks but... it's too late

I had to submit  my taxes.   It would still be nice to get some kind of partial refund

Rob H