Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
K11556

Questionable return amount after entering T4?

I started a new job in September 2023. My income for those last few months of 2023 was approx $24,000, with $4700 going to tax deducted. I assume they taxed at the higher rate of my full salary (90k/yr), versus what a $24,000 lower rate would be, which is fine. 

However, Turbotax is currently stating that my refund is currently $7500+, when I'm assuming that the difference should only be a few thousand (the difference between tax brackets)? It's also giving me a different income amount in the side summary ($25000)? (I have entered nothing else).

I'm also getting a different tax return amount when comparing to other tax software like Wealthsimple. Wealthsimple, upon entering the same information spits out a tax return amount around $4500. Which seems more accurate.

I feel as though there is something erroring out on the Turbotax end, which is a bit concerning. Or is there something I'm missing?

1 Reply

Questionable return amount after entering T4?

Please doubled check that the info you  have entered is correct and that you don't have any duplicate slips.

If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.