Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Blanky1
Returning Member

2023 standard edition opens a blank screen

I have the same problem.  Can you detail exactly what you changed and the procedure.  Was a system change of Turbotax program? Thanks.

I think it may be a common issue, I contact Turbotax support, but no help at all. Can you please provide more detail on how you fix the issue?

Trini4

I had the same issue and was able to resolve it. 

If you right click on turbo tax and select run as Administrator 

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

And then go to Compatibility and Change High DPI Settings and select the checkbox shown below

Capture3.JPG

Then it should work for you. 

Note: you may have to click on the blank Turbo tax screen for it to then show the enter license screen. Also you may have to select run 640 * 480 Screen resolution as well. Note you can revert back the settings once you get past the enter license screen.

^The above worked for me. 

Thanks,

Wow, thank you so much for the detailed explanation.  Unfortunately, I still have the issue after changing the "High DPI scaling override" setting, I have tried 3 different options: application, system, and system (Enhanced). I also try to change 650*480.

Blank screen

In order to help you with this situation, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us. 

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Intuit should fix the problem with their application when many customers are experiencing the same issue with this years version.  You did after all change the registration method in the application this year and this is the screen customers are having a problem loading!

A fix that works one day doesn't work the next and the problem persists for many customers.  This is an application issue!  The fix that worked for me is no longer working and I'm back at the blank screen again.  I won't be using your software this year to do my taxes!!!

Thank your feedback and for bringing this to our attention. We will share this with development team and if the issue has not already been solved, will work on a fix in a future update.

Thank you for your patience.

As I mentioned, I called support, but they can not resolve the issue, then suggested I return TurboTax to the store.😃

We are aware of this issue and are waiting for a response from the appropriate team. 

Thank you for your patience.

For blank screens:
If you try your DPI settings, perhaps that can help. To Set Custom DPI Scaling Level for All Displays in the Control Panel
1. Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the Display icon.
2. Under Change size of items, click/tap on the Set a custom scaling level link, then keep following the directions.
The most common reason you cannot see the boxes or enter the amounts in the boxes within TurboTax is the resolution and DPI/font settings on your system. It could be one or the other, or both. Check your font/DPI settings - if you have them turned up higher than the normal size, the bottom boxes may be cut off (for example, a customer had their DPI at 150% and once they turned that to normal, they saw the entire list of boxes for all T-Slips).

If this doesn't work please call us by clicking the following link to the Contact Us page. Then complete the required information. A phone number will appear, along with your incident ID. Call the number. This will ensure that an appropriate agent is assigned to your query

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.