Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2023 standard edition opens a blank screen

Hi Brenda,

Intuit should do something about the time and aggravation; as this should have been part of the quality check process, with instructions based on system configuration. While I appreciate every individual may have a different system set up; this would be a common issue for those with anti-virus turned on. In case of this issue, please ensure to check .....

Yes, we appreciate your feedback and I know our teams have worked hard to find a solution. Were you able to enter your license code?

Since this issue only occurs in the 2023 version of the software an no prior version and you changed the registration method so off-line registration is no longer an option, it seems clear it's your new registration requirement that's the cause of this issue.  Changing app compatibility settings, disabling anti-virus and allowing exemptions for your software did not resolve this for every customer, so you can't blame anti-virus software for this issue.  This is foremost a network connectivity issue to your registration server either being blocked because of IPv6 or a timeout in reaching the server due to routing issues.  I figured this out when I used a VPN connection and was able to get to the registration screen, the VPN uses an entirely different path to reach your servers, without the VPN I had to disable IPv6 on the network adapter to connect to your registration system.   This is purely a connectivity issue which Intuit has caused with inadequate QA testing.

Agree and thanks for the solution.   When I turned on my VPN I was able to get beyond the blank screen and install the program.   Intuit needs to enable a simple solution, and interesting that they did not make this recommendation as it worked immediately.

aviak

Thanks for the hint that the problem is IPv6. I tried all the compatibility suggestions and they didn't help. I do use IPv6 on my home network and after disabling IPv6 on my ethernet adapter I was able to view the activation screen. Once again the community is helpful and all support can offer is "clear your cache" which shows how clueless they are when this isn't a browser based app.

Are you using WIN 11? If yes, please make sure you do the updates. You can try making sure that you are running as administrator and also VPN has worked for some. If this doesn't fix it, please let us know and we will do a call back for you.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Disable IPv6 on the network adapter.  VPN's don't use IPv6 which is why the issue doesn't occur on VPN.

You can try making sure that you are running as administrator 

I tried this first and it did the trick. 

Thank you for replying directly to my post.

You're welcome 🙂