Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCA not allowing me to put in the real amount vehicle sold for?

I am trying to fill in the self employed section. I use to do food delivery but during the year I stopped, and I sold the vehicle so I put the end of my "business" as the day I sold it and now i am trying to put the amount in that I got for it but it keeps saying this 

1Your CCA claim cannot be greater than $-623.38. The CCA deduction for your asset is limited to 30.00% of your base amount plus immediate expense amount.

can you guys please fix this so I can put my actual amount in? I am not gonna make up a number to get it to $0 for CCA. The CRA audits me and I would be screwed for lying just to get the numbers to work on the software on here.

3 Replies

In order to help you with this situation, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

I have called and they took control of my computer and couldn't figure it out. Just not with me playing around it will allow me to go onto the next screen if I say my vehicle was sold for 15k less than it was... so its clearly a software issue you guys have that wont let it fill in the forms properly. I sold the vehicle for nearly the same amount of CCA I was originally given for it 3yrs ago. This should be easy to do! Please fix the software, i am close to just taking my taxs elsewhere to do them. I even selected audit defense thing but I can't even get the software to fill in the forms properly with a negative CCA, I looked at the CRA forms and it says if its negative to put 0. Well I tried that with your program and it wont even allow me to go to the next page. I am wasting time here waiting for you guys to fix this. Its BEYOND frustrating. By the end of next week I will just take all my taxs to H and R block to get them to do it properly since your system isn't working properly.

I got it fixed. I had a huge help from one of the girls that works on the help line. Definitely recommend ppl use the extra package that has assist and review.. thank you!