Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CNIL no longer included the downloaded PDF return in TurboTax Online 2023

I just noticed this and called TurboTax Support, and did a screen share of my downloaded 2023 TurboTax Online Self-Employed PDF return with their Tier1 and Tier 2 agents:

Although the 3-page Cumulative Net Investment Loss (CNIL ) T936 was included the past decade for TurboTax Online users - the Tier 2 agent confirmed CNIL is no longer included in the TurboTax Online 2023, in the downloaded PDF return.
The support agents said that CNIL - is only available for download from TurboTax on Desktop, for the 2023 return.

So basically I thought a community post would be helpful, so everyone knows.

TurboTax Support: Tier 1 Agent and Tier 2 Agent

Call: 3:30pm March 9th, 24'

9 Replies

Also it would be great if a community Moderator could also confirm CNIL is no longer available in the 2023 TurboTax Online downloaded return PDF as well - to re-confirm what TurboTax Support told me on the call.

As I plan to NETFILE this week - and once NETFILE'd, my downloaded 2023 PDF return will be frozen and wouldn't undergo any updates - in the event CNIL is supposed to be in the downloaded PDF for TurboTax Online users. Thanks.

Any news reconfirming this is new and expected behaviour in TurboTax Online 2023? Thank you.

If Tier 2 advised you that it is no longer available to print on the PDF- then that would be your answer. 🙂 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Awesome, thanks Brenda 🙂

bumng

Hi, I just wanna confirm my understanding. So, Turbotax Online will still complete and file T936 to CRA for me when I proceed NETFILE, it just the matter of form T936 is not included into downloaded 2023 pdf return. Am I correct? Thanks

P.S. I am using Deluxe Online Edition 

That's precisely what the Tier 2 agent told the Tier 1 agent, as claimed, yes:

TuboTax Online no longer exports the 3-pages of the CNIL to your downloaded PDF return, as it did the past decade I used TurboTax Online. But the Tier 2 agent claimed the NETFILE will be correct when it's submitted.

In my case I was just entering "Investment Expenses" (in the black TurboTax sidebar) as a Carrying Cost. That Carrying Cost appears at the back of my PDF in the Deductions pages, and in line 22100 at the front of the PDF in the T1. But the 3-page CNIL which also has line 22100 - is completely missing in the downloaded return PDF from TurboTax Online.

I plan to NETFILE tomorrow, based on the moderator's comments, and the Tier 2 agent. I'll just be missing the CNIL this year in my downloaded return.

bumng

Thank you so much for your clarification. I was  afraid Turbotax won't file T936 for me when I proceed to NETFILE but looks like it should be all good now. I guess one drawback is I am not able to check the numbers on CNIL after submission.

Thank you for all your updates and feedback. We appreciate your input.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Ridiculous that TurboTax made this change! Cannot access my T936 to check form and also have this information readily availalble for next year.