Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Correcting previous return

I just realised I have made a really stupid mistake on my returns for 2017, 2018 and 2019 and I need to know how to correct it. I am self-employed and instead of writing my name and address for my business (which I now realise is what I was supposed to do), I wrote the name and address of the business that pays me (I am a sub-contractor for them, I do not own that business). It does not change any of the amounts that I have entered, it's just that the name and address of the business are inaccurate. How can I correct this mistake? Thank you

3 Replies

Sorry, this happened to you. The best and quickest way to make a correction, in this situation, is to contact the Canada Revenue Agency and advise them of this address change needed. Please see the link below to contact the CRA.

How do I contact the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)?

mfennell
Returning Member

On my 2018 tax reports for myself and my daughter Mary, I didn't include my infirm daughter as a dependant because she now lives in a group home and doesn't live with me. I then was told that she could still be my dependant as I supply all her living needs except shelter, daily care and food. I still supply her clothing, grooming needs, medical equipment costs, or other supplies she requires. 

I went in and changed our tax forms and now need to know what to do. I thought I had to send the changed form in the mail but all the forms do not print out. Can I submit it through Turbo Tax in some manner. I am so confuse now I don't know what I'm doing!!!! Please help.

Thank You.

Marion

One of the requirements to qualify as a dependent is living with the caregiver. Please see the CRA link below; detailing eligibility to claim as a dependent:

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/individuals/topics/about-your-tax-return/tax-re...