Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matt K

CRA Error #2434 Return of Fuel Charge Proceeds to Farmers tax credit

TurboTax online Self Employed

The software is not entering a value on line 67061, therefore not meeting the requirements to claim the credit.  I don't even want to claim it, but it's done automatically.

I have contacted support via telephone and was unable to come up with a solution.  I then deleted everything and re-entered my complete return only to have the same issue as it added the credit again.

If there's a way to edit the return and remove that form, it would probably let me netfile....

Screenshot 2023-03-02 111139.png

7 Replies

I'm attempting to file and get the exact same message with no help from TurboTax!  This appears to be a software glitch that Turbotax should repair.  Any response from Turbotax would be much appreciated!

You are correct there is a known issue- I will let you know as soon as it has been resolved. 

We appreciate your patience in this matter and we will contact you with an update next week.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Hello,  I have this exact same problem.  The Turbotax software is auto filling Form T2043 without any control or input from me.  Plus, I cannot access the Form at all.  Not only is this Form auto filled by Turbotax, but it is auto filled incorrectly.  So just plain annoying.  Josh from Customer Support has advised me it is a software problem and is hopefully fixed within a week.  

I'm having the same issue.  populates 3.75 on line 67079.   I don't even want this tax credit (Return of Fuel Charge Proceeds to Farms Tax Credit) at all.  Turbotax has done this all on its own.  

I can't submit my taxes, or my wifes... 

Need an update on this ASAP.

Yes, the common problem is that we all in this support topic do not want this tax credit and the Form is automatically completed incorrectly.  The auto-filled Form also indicates I have operations in two provinces which is entirely contrary to my entire tax return and bogus.  I also cannot submit my wife's tax return as well.  They should delete the Form T2043 entirely from the software given they cannot determine for us that we must claim the credit and clearly have no idea how to complete it for us.  The numbers in this Form T2043  are totally wrong.

If you do not have a form T2043- or it populated and you have read through it all and you have no farming to enter- You can close the form and delete it. The error will then go and you will be able to file your return successfully. In forms mode- go to EDIT- Forms mode- Clear current form and then close unused forms. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Hello,  I still cannot access or see the T2043 to edit or delete it.  Can you provide any further details how to Edit Forms.  Thanks, Chad