Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entering employment expenses with T2200 does not work - software bug?

@Mihai Neagoe Are you using TurboTax CD/Download in forms mode? If so, please scroll up to the top of the form. You need to have all the eligibility checkboxes ticked, and then tick off Option 1 for the form to calculate properly.

Thank you very much. It works! Much appreciate your help!!! THANK YOU!

This goes to show how some questions in TurboTax are badly worded and confusing. There are many other examples like that.
Which goes against the promise from tax software such as TurboTax that it will make it simple and easy to fill your taxes.

ejmescobar
Returning Member

Hi, How do you do it if you are using easy steps. I couldn't find where in the form I am supposed to do this. Last year was super simple!

Can you please help guide me. 

do251
Returning Member

thank you ,was up all night trying to figure it , making  me crazy 

gocajekic
Returning Member

Does anyone still have this issue for the detailed method? I have selected "Yes" on T4 form for claiming employment expenses and when choosing either the detailed or flat rate method, either way, applies same amount that is lower than it should be for both methods. I want to go with the detailed method and all boxes I have are Line 6 and Line 12. Can someone help? Thanks! 

Please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 as they will be better able to assist you.