Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NineEightBravo
Returning Member

error code XML2022

Attempting to Netfile my tax return and getting an error XML2022.  

All information was migrated from a successful Netfile from 2021.  

The return is a joint one for my spouse and I, and her return was accepted with no issues.

Called the 1-888 number and was told to check personal information (adding special characters, spaces)  Double checked and again all info was migrated from the previous year so should not have any errors.

Suggestion was to refile on my own, however now I need to go through and submit all data for my spouse and myself manually.

Paying for the convenience of turbo tax is turning into more work.

Need a solution.

5 Replies

error code XML2022

you can  go to "My Info" click on (Name) Canadian Citizenship and make sure that you answer the questions " Do you authorize the CRA to share your name and email address with the Government of Nunavut to contact you about organ and tissue donation, and to maintain the organ and tissue Donor Registry?

This happened to those who transferred from last year.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

error code XML2022

I'm getting this error code when I try to Netfile my T1135.  I was able to Netfile my returns without issue except for the T1135.  

I saw earlier comments about going into "My Info", but I have no idea where it is.

Please help.

UBCSenior

error code XML2022

This has to be a software error. I an retired living in Vancouver. I have never been to Nunavut, I will never go to Nunavut and I have no income from Nunavut. To suggest that I send my tax data to the Territory of Nunavut to file a T1135 is about the stupidest thing I have heard. I have encountered several software glitches in TurboTax this year. This is just one more in a list that never gets resolved.

error code XML2022

@gecko1100 please see the image to find "My Info" inside your return.

@UBCSenior 
In order to help you with this situation, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us. When the system asks if you want an email, answer NO to speak to a live person.

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

error code XML2022

With the help of  TT support, I found out why I couldn't file my T1135 through netfile.  There was a small error, where I chose simplified filing (instead of detailed filing) on the T1135 form, but filled out the detailed form.

Unfortunately, the software cannot pinpoint the error, and just threw back an xml2022 error code, which I assume is just a catchall error code that has little, if anything, to do with organ donor notification in Nunavut, lol.