Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error on Quebec form when claiming fixed rate Covid expenses

If I claim the simplified temporary fixed-rate method for Expenses Related to Working Remotely Because of the Covid-19 Pandemic (TP-59-S-V), Turbotax flags an error stating that I need to have a TP64.3 form filled out by my employer. This is NOT correct. The simplified method should NOT require a TP64.3 form.

https://www.revenuquebec.ca/en/online-services/forms-and-publications/current-details/tp-59-s/

The above link CLEARLY states that if you complete part 1 and 2 of TP-59-S-V you do NOT need a TP64.3.

Can you please fix this?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Revenu Quebec called me back this morning. The issue is at their end. They will correct their programming on March 4th while doing other updates. Guess I’ll have to wait to submit my provincial return 

View solution in original post

18 Replies

Same problem on my end.

I have encountered the same problem - when can this be fixed? Thanks

Nb06

Same...

Same problem, please fix the bug

I just spent close to an hour over the phone with turbotax and their conclusion is the problem is with Revenu Quebec requiring the TP 64.3 for Netfiling

This makes no sense. If an employer provides a TP64.3 to you it would mean that you would surely NOT file the simplified claim; you would obviously choose the detailed method which is substantially more beneficial.

https://www.revenuquebec.ca/en/online-services/forms-and-publications/current-details/tp-59-s/

The above link CLEARLY states that if you complete part 1 and 2 of TP-59-S-V you do NOT need a TP64.3.

TurboTax: stop feeding users incorrect information AND FIX YOUR SOFTWARE!!

Just spent some time over the phone with Revenu Quebec /IT support. In years past, form TP -59 required you to have a TP-64-3, but for tax year 2020, form TP-59.S clearly states it (TP64.3) is NOT required for the fixed rate method (section 2).
They realize there is a problem maybe and will have to get back to me within 3-4 business days. 

I will follow up here after RQ gets back to me.

experiencing the same issue. Any updates Turbotax? 

Same here, just purchased turbotax and wanted to do it early... just to run into problems. CRA went fine.  Revenu Quebec is a no go.