Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stokes21

Need more individuals on T2222

I’m filling out the T2222 forms for travel benefits - Northern residents.  It only has space for 4 individuals but there are 5 in my family.  How can I fix this? It won’t let me add an additional person so I’d have to do an additional T2222 form, but that’s not an option either it seems.  

Do I put the totals on the initial filing and then send in a physical additional T2222 form? 

What’s annoying is that on the online/website version of TurboTax, this isn’t an issue. There’s enough space for everyone.  But with my standard software download, which I obviously already paid for, it’s different and there is not enough space.  

5 Replies

Unfortunately, there is no way to add another T2222 form or extra spaces on the form in TurboTax CD/Download. 

I will let our product development team know about this issue. We apologize for the inconvenience.

If you need to send a second T2222 form, you can NETFILE with the existing form, and then once you get your notice of assessment, you can send the second form by mail with a T1 Adjustment Request.

slats6541

I bought TurboTax Home Business 2023 software and I am filing a 2023 Cdn T1 for a family of 5. They live in zone B for the northern residents deduction. In travel section of the T2222, chart A allows only 4 family members. How do I add in the 5th person? In chart B it allows only 6 trips to be listed. Since the laws allows 2 personal trips to be claimed per person (non-medical trips), the form allows space to list trips for only 3 people (3 x 2). How do I add 2 trips for the 4th of 5th person (10 trips need to be listed)?  The fact that the last guy posted his same problem in February 2024, and it is still not fixed, shows that the Intuit really does not care much and wants us use a form that is not complete. So much for promising the maximum refund when you cannot even claim the full amount allowed. 

Please, contact the CRA at 1-800-959-8281 they will be able to advise you on how to complete this section of your return.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

slats6541

Thank you but I do not assistance from the CRA on how to fill out the form. What I am saying is the form that TurboTax has made is the problem. Consider the medical schedule that comes with the software. Suppose, for example (hypothetically), there were only 3 row for receipts to be entered on the form and most people had a lot more than that, that would be a software problem: the form was not designed for more than three receipts and that is not enough. That is similar to my problem with your software: the T2222 form travel section only allows for a family of 4. Some families have more than four people. The form does also not allow for more than 6 trips. That is not enough. Nothing the CRA could tell me would fix the problem with your T2222 form. Your software engineers could fix it though. Please pass this on to someone that can fix the issue.

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it and we will send this to the appropriate team to review.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.