Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vpastukh

NetFile Québec error: If you're paying your spouse/partner's premium under the Québec Prescription Drug Insurance Plan, only check boxes 50 through 59, as applicable.

Cannot file Quebec NetFile because of the error that I cannot fix.

It is asking me the following:

If you're paying your spouse/partner's premium under the Québec Prescription Drug Insurance Plan, only check boxes 50 through 59, as applicable. Note: If you were covered during the year by basic prescription drug insurance provided by a group insurance plan, but you also paid your spouse/partner's premium, only check box 14 (box 16 for your spouse/partner) without completing Part A, B and C.

I had private insurance in 2019, and covered my wife, checked box 14, selected 1st option as "yes" on the following page and selected all months on the next page, and on the 4th page selected  "Yes" for paying my wife's premiums (although they would be 0).

Nothing helps, run this form 10 times, still shows an error.

8 Replies
vpastukh

NetFile Québec error: If you're paying your spouse/partner's premium under the Québec Prescription Drug Insurance Plan, only check boxes 50 through 59, as applicable.

Worked for me by just checking all possible combinations.

I didn't check "I will pay insurance premiums for my spouse"

It works for my situation now, and I was able to submit the file.

Not sure it will work for everyone, but it allowed me to submit the Revenue Québec NetFile.

I followed your advice and indicated NO for paying my wife's premium, big mistake, instead of my wife getting a refund, she has a balance owing, rev que charged her $626 premium payable to the QC prescription drug plan, I had to write to rev que to re-access the return for the refund.

marc-2019

j'ai le même problème que toi, rien ne veux fonctionne. cela ne donne pas envie de réutilisé se système l'an prochain...

Workaround : 

Go back to black menu on the left, 

Under: 

Provincial,

Quebec Prescription Drug Insurance Plan

Capture.JPG

• Partner 1 : 

Choose the applicable box (if applicable)

Box 14

Do you choose to pay your spouse's premium?

No

• Partner 2:
Choose the applicable box (if applicable)
Box   16

Do you choose to pay your spouse's premium?

No

Error dissapeared for me and I was able to netfile. 

Hope it works for you as well.

JT890

This is ridiculous. I can't Netfile if I select "Yes" to "Do you choose to pay your spouse's premium?"

I wonder how many spouses/partners have been stuck with a balance owing already.

I've Netfiled my CRA tax return successfully, but looks like I'll have to use another program to Netflix the RQ one since Turbotax is being glitchy. 

My partner was also having trouble with business income expenses on this year's Turboxtax and ended up using SimpleTax. This might be my last year using Turbotax after all these years.

Having exactly the same issue (see https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/credits-deductions/discussion/re-we-would-need-more-d...) , but I'm not going to risk owing. I filed my QC by mail last year. Might have to do it again.

@peteco 

It helped me.  I followed your steps and it worked well.  Thanks a lot.

@peteco 

Thanks it helps, and without affecting the Balance (tax refund).

I believe it is a misinterpretation on the question OR the question is not clear enough.

I am talking about: Do you want to pay your spouse premium ?  This question question should be removed, and let each person pay for his/her Premium QC Prescription Drug Insurance Plan (if there is any amount to be paid).