Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program issue

I installed the program I started new return transferring from 2019 tax info. I put all info and checked all info while doing the easysteps. I got to the end where it tells you warnings and it says Pleas verify your first and last name as they are different than last year's or your marital status has changed to married this year. I went back and checked and my first and last name and marital status is correct. And when I get to my spouses warning the same thing comes up and checked it and it is fine. I do not want to go and file with this warning so something is clearly wrong with this program please advise me @ [email address removed] 

6 Replies

Program issue

In order to help you with this situation, I believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact us please follow this link: Contact Us form. Once you go through the steps and complete the form, the phone number to speak to a TurboTax agent will appear on the page.

Thank you for your patience. 

Program issue

I had this same issue. I have not filed yet and hope that this will be resolved by that time. Sounds like a TurboTax glitch to me 

Program issue

Thank you for your feedback, we will send this information over to the proper team to be verified. Please note that the Canada Revenue Agency Netfile does not open until February 22nd, 2021. 

Thank you for your patience.

Program issue

I know when I can file my taxes it is only 9 days away I suggest you tell your team what their deadline is to get this fixed.

Program issue

I am assuming this has not been resolved yet as I checked last night and there were no new updates.

Program issue

Same issue with us with the name /marital status change. This software gets more horrendous by the year. There are many avenues where it an lead you to a result in having to pay more money or get less back easily on many fronts. Horrible software when you have to constantly save progress to test who claims what so you don't lose money.