Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rubs2006

Review on T4E - Summary

Hi! Ineed help, why the system ask me to fill in the amount of EI benefits received by wife during maternity to husband TE4 summary? Then I cannot proceed when I hit the Done With T4E becuase it says Your maternity and paternal benefits cannot exceed your total benefits received in box 14. Thank you for you help.

2 Replies
Courant1
Returning Member

Review on T4E - Summary

Try this: Go to the Summary page where your T4E is listed. Answer YES to the question "Did XXX received EI...".  Answering YES will prompt a question about the amount received: leave this amount at $0 (very important). Save. Following this, I was able to submit my tax report to the CRA electronically.

TurboTaxHeba
Intuit Alumni

Review on T4E - Summary

If you have a RL-6 :  

Removed the amount in Box A of Relevé 6. You will still have the amount in your QC forms. 

If you don't have a RL-6: 

In the T4E summary page (the next page after you enter your T4E information) > answer No to the question "Did you receive employment insurance maternity or parental benefits in?". 

If you have already answered Yes and added your total amount > You need to go back, change this amount to $0 first then change the answer No. If you change the answer to No without reducing the amount to $0 first, you will still get the error.  

I hope this was helpful