Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brndttbrx

RRSP deduction - TroubleShooting

I am having the same problem.  I can't figure out how to work around it.

brndttbrx

I have turbo tax standard and I cannot figure out how to fix the issue.

When I enter the RRSP deduction limit for 2023 it autofills that amount as my contribution even though I did not make a contribution to my RRSP.  I have entered my RRSP contribution as $0 but it auto populates differently.

In order to help you with this situation, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us. When asked if you wish to receive an email say NO then say "speak to a representative" then hold the line.

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Yes, still having problems.  Will be calling an agent as the RRSP worksheet seems to be part of the problem.  Using easy steps and after multiple reviews, the information is corrected correctly but not on the required forms for RRSP's.  Now it is trying to transfer my original contributions to next years reporting.  Very frustrated as I have been using Intuit QuickTax/Turbo tax since 1996.

Are you Ginette a retired CS member?

I am a community moderator. When you call the telephone support team, please be sure to ask for an escalation, if you do not receive a resolution, to make sure an investigation is done to clear the issue.

Note: When calling, and asked if you wish to receive an email say NO then say "speak to a representative" then hold the line.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

I had the same issue.  I had to override the value on the RRSP worksheet Section 1: Calculating your RRSP deduction for 2023 (which was for sum reason my deduction  limit for 2023).

I entered $0.00.  This resolved my issue, just hope I can still netfile.  Hope this helps

valityka

We understand this but the system is inserting our limit on line 20800 as a deduction we haven't made. We have to remove it and we can't. Show us how, please!

In order to help you with this situation, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us. When asked if you wish to receive an email say NO then say "speak to a representative" then hold the line.

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

valityka

I had the same problem and fixed it by re-entering 00.00 to "Unused RRSP/PRPP Contributions" found on the left column under "Registered Savings Plans Get Started" The amount was 0.00 to begin with?

Hope this helps. I've wasted hours looking for a fix for a program I pay for. ;-(

Thank you for the feedback and update.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.