Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

turbotax 2023 cd/dvd tries to maintain or upgrade TurboTax 2022

@HATM 

I have put in a CD replacement request for you, and you should receive an email regarding it by the end of the day. In the meantime, you can download the current version of TurboTax CD/download edition here:  Choose the 2023 TurboTax edition you need (for Windows). 

Pierre2000
Returning Member

Here is my experience with this issue:

- Purchased TT2023 Standard edition CD & Download at Costco in January

- Early April, tried installing TT2023 with CD on my desktop running Windows 10 but ran into the 2023-2022 issue which I didn't know at that time. 

- Then, with the same CD, successfully installed TT2023 on my laptop running Windows 11, produced my declaration and submitted successfully to Imponet. All pages of the declaration clearly display 2023 year and the pre-entered values like basic personal amount are these of 2023 as well. I became aware of this problem only when I found this discussion while trying to reinstall TT2023 on my desktop. 

-  I noticed that on my desktop (Win 10), the InstallShield Wizard displays turbotax 2022 in the title and under Product name while on my laptop (Win 11), it displays turbotax 2023 at both places, all that with the same CD.

- Did anyone experienced this before? 

What does Intuit have to say about this? Anyway, I would like to receive a new CD allowing TT2023 installation on my desktop.

@Pierre2000 I have put in a CD replacement request for you. You should see an email from us regarding a replacement CD within the next few minutes. In the meantime, you can download the current version of TurboTax CD/download edition here:  Choose the 2023 TurboTax edition you need (for Windows). 

We have already gone into the retail stores where the CDs were sold and have replaced the CDs that were still unsold. 

Pierre2000
Returning Member

Email received, thanks.

Regarding my previous comment :

''I noticed that on my desktop running Windows 10, the InstallShield Wizard displayed turbotax 2022 in the title and under Product name, while on my laptop running Windows 11, the wizard displayed correctly turbotax 2023, as expected.'' 

To my knowledge, nobody reported such a behaviour. Can your technical support explain how this could have happened; I was using the very same CD and external optical drive, but on different machines with different versions of Windows?

TT2023 Installshield Wizard on laptop running Windows 11 (successfull)TT2023 Installshield Wizard on laptop running Windows 11 (successfull)

TT2023 Installshield Wizard on desktop running Windows 10 (failed)TT2023 Installshield Wizard on desktop running Windows 10 (failed)

As for the proposed download from your site, after failing to install TT2023 from CD on my desktop, I tried to download on same machine but immediately received a warning from Windows Security of a potential threat, so I stopped the download and tried the installation on my laptop from the same CD which finally proved successfull.

TT2023 download_Potential virus warning.jpg

@Pierre2000 

I will pass on the screenshots of the two different behaviors of the CD to our product development team, perhaps it will help them figure out what went wrong when they were preparing the CDs. 

As for the warning from Windows Security, the program that it's showing in your screenshot is not a TurboTax program. The file on our website is TurboTax_2023.exe.

Pierre2000
Returning Member

Updated TT2023 CD received today May 1st 2024 installed flawlessly on my desktop running Windows 10 and it opened successfully my declaration prepared on laptop running Windows 11. Solved, thanks .