Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TurboTax Online 2022 Downloaded T1 appears to have reversed Ontario Non-Refundable Tax Credit and Ontario TOSI strings

Here's the update for anyone reading the post.

I called TurboTax Support 4 times over 4 weeks, through last week. They were unable to offer any timeline on the fix.

I did not have time to wait around to find out whether TurboTax would fix the error. I called CRA early last week and their recommendation was to not wait around, and to NETFILE regardless. And, if TurboTax has a platform wide error that propagated through the NETFILE - TurboTax would likely have to notify CRA of the issue and CRA would then have to notify the thousands of affected filers.

So, I NETFILED all of my household returns last week, even though the ON428 downloaded and printed PDF presented reversed values in lines 52 (Ontario Non-Refundable Tax Credits) and Line 54 (Ontario Tax on Split Income). 

Upon NETFILE, I called CRA and we both checked on MyCRA. While we can both see that Line 50 aka. 61500 was reported correctly in the NETFILE (I have Ontario Non-Refundable Tax Credits) and it is viewable on MyCRA, Line 54 aka. 61510 in my case is _not visible on MyCRA and its absence _may be correct (as I have no Ontario Tax On Split Income).

The full confirmation that all my NETFILEs are correct, will be after the NOAs are processed next week, for all of the household returns filed.

Upon logging in just now to TurboTax Online, and accessing my already filed return and re-downloading the T1 PDF - as I suspected and mentioned earlier in this thread - after NETFILE - the T1 on TurboTax Online appears to be essentially static (which you'd expect) and continues to present the same reversed values - since I suspect it is exactly the same PDF stored in the DB for my user on the day I NETFILE'd. That makes sense to me, and I expected re-downloads of that PDF to continue to present incorrect reversed values in Lines 52 and 54 in that PDF ON428 after a NETFILE.

As for sharing my screen of a downloaded PDF with a TurboTax Support agent through the TurboTax video portal as suggested - the downloaded PDF is a loose file - it's not part of the TurboTax Online platform tab. We tried that already on my 1st support call. The TurboTax video share system is not capable of viewing anything other than the active browser tab containing the TurboTax platform UI.

As for sharing a screen grab, I already did in my first post in this thread. But it appears the TurboTax Community platform masks the image (presumably because the platform's OCR recognized it as part of a 'real' return) and not a blank portion of the CRA version I uploaded farther down in the thread. So that is not possible either.

TurboTax Online 2022 Downloaded T1 appears to have reversed Ontario Non-Refundable Tax Credit and Ontario TOSI strings

Can you please confirm with me if the email that is associated with the Community is still valid and if yes- please answer with just a "YES".

Yes

mmn100
Returning Member

Unfortunately this is still an issue and I just called support and had case number 15 19195832 opened for it. I had only seen the thread at https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/troubleshooting/discussion/form-form-on428-part-c-lin... before calling which didn't have a follow-up.

I think the root cause is that the line order changed since 2021 but Turbo Tax wasn't updated to reflect that. You can see the 2021 form online at https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/cra-arc/formspubs/pbg/5006-c/5006-c-21e.pdf

Thank you for your feedback, they are aware of the issue now. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.