Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We're sorry, the Canada Revenue Agency was unable to accept your NETFILE tax return.

I have seen many people here getting this error message. I am in the same boat.  My wife's went through, mine did not.  Something is wrong on Turbotax's end.  Just adding another conversation to let them know this has not been fixed.  I tried 8 hours ago and tried again now.  No luck!

Has anyone dealing with this issue found a solution yet?

24 Replies

We're sorry, the Canada Revenue Agency was unable to accept your NETFILE tax return.

I tried to submit with 3 different submitter and all gave the same message after my wife's and daughters worked fine. All three submitted within three minutes.  Spent over an hour on the phone with CRA as it must be a CRA problem. CRA suggested submitting from Cell Data not from WIFI. Didn't work.  Checked all information from my CRA file compared to my filing file and name, DOB etc all right.  This is not a Turbo Tax issue. CRA told me to try again and if it doesn't work by next week to call back.  How about fix the problem being that there is more than one person affected or let me just FAX my return in.... Interesting reads though especially those of us who spent time on the phone with resource I/T people to try and fix it. 

"The Canada Revenue Agency was unable to process your return at this time. The Netfile transmission service may be closed for scheduled maintenance. "

Same issues. Tried a couple times. Customer support not available, tried To Netfile at various times over last 20 hours no luck. Ridiculous.  Blows my mind this sort of problem exists. I’ve never had a problem before. I meet all Netfile requirements. 

how about some help Turbotax!

Same problem,  tried several times. Guess I'll have to do it the old fashioned way,  mail it in, and wait

CRA has been contacted and they have no record of the Netfile submission being activated which contradicts Turbotax IT who tells me I'm locked out of Netfile. 

Ok, I was just successful in netfiling, 2:15 pm atlantic time., I opened my CRA account and verified it was received., Perhaps it is just the vulume of folks netfiling at same time that overloads Turbotaxes server, my best guess anyhow., Good luck folks

jjustice

Submitted my wife's return this morning - then got this 5 minutes later when trying to submit mine.

I have tried multiple times throughout the day with no luck. Does not seem to be any information out there on if this is a system issue at Intuit or CRA and the error message is useless.

dott

I just got this message as well. Feb 26 9:44. I was going to contact TurboTax - but seeing this is telling me it's on the CRA's end.

Having the same issues, want work on my phone as well. Has anyone gone over the 5 go's you get?

I went well over 5. Upon contacting CRA they said not one had gone through.