Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

XML error

Hi

Iā€™m getting a xml error when I try to netfile my return.  The message is as follows:

Stephen: The 'DonorConsentIndicator' element is invalid - The value '0' is invalid according to its datatype 'Token' - The Enumeration constraint failed.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

XML error

A kind person answered in another thread....

Go back to the beginning where you see the steps "My Returns" then click "My Info" then you need to start from the beginning in that area. Click marital status and do all steps you will find the donor question at one point need to answer then you can file.

Issues happens when you import the info from the previous year, it skips some mandatory questions that needed selected answers.

View solution in original post

16 Replies
Smyers527

XML error

Iā€™m getting the same error message.

XML error

Same as well.

XML error

I'm getting the same error message.

XML error

Actually, mine is slightly different, I'm realizing:  "The 'DonorConsentIndicator' element is invalid - The value '0' is invalid according to its datatype 'Token' - The Enumeration constraint failed."

XML error

A kind person answered in another thread....

Go back to the beginning where you see the steps "My Returns" then click "My Info" then you need to start from the beginning in that area. Click marital status and do all steps you will find the donor question at one point need to answer then you can file.

Issues happens when you import the info from the previous year, it skips some mandatory questions that needed selected answers.

XML error

Im getting the same error too!

XML error

i am getting the same xml error that i see everyone else is getting. 

XML error

same error message 

XML error

I am assuming that you took some benefits from the government. When it auto fills in the info from the CRA in the T4 form, for the "payer name" it rights "The Government of Canada Le Gov....etc" in french. The French will have a red line underneath as the system does not accept the french version. delete the french writing and only keep the English. then save and resubmit, it should work fine šŸ™‚