Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Francis O

Refund Issue

Hi there,

I recently just filed taxes for me and my spouse using turbotax premier and got a refund. However, a T2202 slip was sent in late by the institution which necessitated us to Refile in order to add the slip. On turbo tax it showed i had a refund slightly higher than the previous one but when i got the Express Notice of reassessment from CRA, all of the amount was gone only to be left with less than $60.00 and i am wondering what went wrong!! Can i get some assistance with what might have happened as the only thing added was the T2202 slip. I will appreciate any help. Thank You.

2 Replies

Refund Issue

While it can be frustrating, it’s common for the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) to make a tax return assessment that is different from yours. You can compare your notice of assessment with your tax return to see what the CRA changed.

If you would like to contact our phone support team, you can call them at 1-888-829-8608.

Francis O

Refund Issue

Hi there, thanks for the reply. So for those in my kind of situation, I did get the initial assessment refund and the re-assessed refund as well. However, I did not get what TurboTax had calculated as there was a bit of difference. I had to call the CRA and they confirmed this. If you find yourselves in this kinda situation, just wait for the refunds. It can be confusing for first timers though.