Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dn45

reinstalling software on a new computer

I will like to reinstall the following on a new computer:

year 2020   -  purchased directly from Intuit  I have to  key code

year 2021   - purchased at a retail store    have the key code 

year 2022 - I have the CD   but I am unable to find the key. Its not on the sleeve of the CD

Your help will be appreciated.

Thanks 

8 Replies

Unfortunately we only have TurboTax 2020 information as it was purchased directly from TurboTax online. 

Can you still open your return on your old computer?

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

dn45

Yes 

I can can open the software in the old computer i have years 2017-2022  al working properly.

When I register the software don't you have a record?

I have been using the product for 12 years under turbo tax and 6 years under quick tax.

Can you please confirm that the email you have for this account is still valid and if yes, just say "YES" as it is a public forum and I will email you.

dn45

YES

Email was sent.

Lui2

I have my  old turbo taxes 2011 to 2023 on my old computer and would like to put them on my new computer, could someone help me?

Lui2

I have purchased most online except a few of the years, I can still open them on my old one, is there a way I can speak to someone instead of emailing constantly it is so tedious.

Here's how to securely move it to your new computer while minimizing the chances of data corruption:

1. Make sure your new computer has TurboTax installed on it.
  2. Connect a memory stick or other portable device to your old computer.
  3. Copy or move your tax data file to the device. (We recommend copying instead of dragging and dropping.)
  4. After copying, disconnect or eject the portable device and connect it to your new computer.
  5. Browse to the portable device, select your tax return file, drag it to your desktop (or other easy-to-find location), then release the mouse key and copy (instead of moving) the file.
  6. After copying, open TurboTax, browse to where you copied your tax file and open it to make sure it didn't get corrupted.
    • If your file somehow got corrupted, delete it from your device and your new computer and repeat these steps from the beginning.

You might want to delete the file from your portable device for security purposes.

Don't email it to yourself. Email isn't secure.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.