Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
almega-louie
Returning Member

rental properties disappearing in EasyStep mode

I have entered rental properties including shared ownership however after saving the return, when i go back into rental properties, the shared ownership details are gone. When I use the forms method, the info is actually still there. This issue has been happening for many years if I remember correctly.

Why is the shared ownership details missing? is this a bug?

3 Replies

When entering "rental property" information in the software in EasyStep I was unable to replicate your issue, so I will ask you to make sure your software is updated by looking at the top of the screen in the grey bar towards the left of the page, and click on "Help" - dropdown to "Check for Updates".

If after updates you have the same issue then I will advise you to contact our support team for further assistance as they have the option to view your screen to troubleshoot what could be causing this to happen. 

Footnote: If the agent is unable to resolve it, ask that they "escalate" to higher personnel.

almega-louie
Returning Member

Thanks for the reply, Lise.  I always run the updates so the software is current. I also called support but they were unable to help me. Their response was that it is OK if the information disappears since the actual data is correct. To me, that sounds like a SW bug.

I totally agree with you and this should be "escalated" to higher personnel. Yet, I also understand where the agent would say "as long as the numbers are good, you are good to go".

Up to you what you would like to do, but I would suggest you call back and have them do an escalation to have the software glitch fixed.