Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeated problem with DTC calculations submitted to CRA

For two years now, when I submit to CRA, in my NOA they adjust my return with the same message:

"We cannot allow your federal disability amount transferred from a dependant because we do not have a
Form T2201, Disability Tax Credit Certificate, on file for this year."

This is true.  My son was eligible up until 2020 and as such I no longer submit T2201.  In the interview on TurboTax online I make it clear he is no longer eligible.  Yet somehow the taxes submitted to CRA seem to be attempting to do the transfer, possibly because it retains info from past tax years?  I knew it was a problem last year which is why I gave what I thought was the complete information in TurboTax.  

I'm not a tax professional and I so I don't know where on the T1 it is wrong, but CRA keeps thinking I am trying to transfer an amount I am not.  

Anyhow it amounts to a terrible user experience as I submit to CRA with a smile on my face thinking I am getting a refund with turns into taxes owing and it makes me wonder what other things are wrong.

PS I would love to provide this feedback directly to Intuit and provide documents so hopefully they can correct their software, but without upgrading my account it seems I can't.

1 Reply

Repeated problem with DTC calculations submitted to CRA

Please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 as they will be better able to assist you.