Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skinner0
Returning Member

RRSP error

This is not really a question.  For some reason if your RRSP worksheet (maybe not the right word but Donations, Alimony etc are on the same sheet) shows a deduction limit then part 3 of the T1 will show a deduction on line 20800 even if you did not claim a contribution.

2 Replies

RRSP error

It's difficult to tell from this forum and not being able to see your individual tax situation, but the only thing that should be showing up on Line 20800 is a Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) contribution. This could be a slip that has been entered manually, or (most likely) if you used the CRA AutoFill my Return (AFR) service you may have had an Unused RRSP Contribution carried forward and automatically entered by the import from CRA. 

skinner0
Returning Member

RRSP error

TTKim, I did use the Auto Fill for the first time and that is probably where the contribution room came from.  I RRIFeb my RRSP many years ago but apparently did not claim all my contributions (At least according to CRA).  Thanks for the tip.  I'll claim the deduction at a later date.