Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrianOm

RRSP error

I made no RRSP contributions for the 2023 tax year. However, in my Tax Summary it is entering my Contribution Limit as if I contributed that amount; on another screen of the section, it correctly shows that I made no contributions.

This appears to be an error in the program.

Am I missing something, or is this truly an error? HELP please.

6 Replies

RRSP error

Are you using TurboTax Online or TurboTax Desktop/Download?

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

BrianOm

RRSP error

I am not sure. I am using my laptop, but I didn't download anything

RRSP error

Are you able to show us a screenshot of what you are seeing? If you go to the top right and click on the Find icon then write RRSP and highlight RRSP Profile then click GO, do you see anything clicked on that screen?

BrianOm

RRSP error

Did that, and the first checkbox IS selected, although during the interview I said I had not made contributions.

Then I click Continue, and it tells me my contribution limit.

Click Continue and it correctly says I made no contributions.

[If I  click Back twice to go the list of checkboxes, the first checkbox is now selected again.

If I click Done with RRSPs, it now tells me I have no contribution room remaining.

Go forward a few screens, to the RSP summary, and it shows my contribution limit, and the same amount in the contributions field. I DIDN'T MAKE ANY!

Is there some way to get back to the interview to ensure i told it that I made no contributions?

RRSP error

You may also want to go verify the first question you may have answered as seen in the image.

After this, please clear your cache/cookies, sign out of your return then restart your computer. 

BrianOm

RRSP error

The suggestions did not solve my problem, but did create new ones. Clearing my cache meant that I lost all of my login info for other apps, and had to re-enter it all. Not helpful.

I couldn't override what TurboTax was doing, so I surrendered and submitted my return as is. If I get into trouble due to your "help" I will be in touch.