Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Section 217 disallowed on the basis that Turbotax did not catch it, was past the filing date. Product support issue?

Need product support  help as section 217 return filing deadline was missed by Turbotax when I filed online, resulting in 4759.83 refund denied by CRA but calculated  owed by Turbotax.

Attempting to recoup the   high  refund owed to me calculated  online by  TurboTax on July 8th, 2022 and denied by CRA on the basis of late filing (must  be claimed by June 30th after the year  it is earned)

Why did Turbo tax software not  catch the issue??   I filed online with TurboTax on  July  8  , 2022  when  CRA said the  deadline was  June 30, 2022.  

Has anyone experienced the same? and what can be done to fix it? Submit an amended  CRA  return as Turbotax did not catch it? How to proceed? Thanks

1 Reply

Section 217 disallowed on the basis that Turbotax did not catch it, was past the filing date. Product support issue?

You would contact the CRA first to ask if you can Refile your return without the section 217 and if yes, then you can ReFile.  Please contact the CRA at 1-800-959-8281to see if what they suggest.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.