Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Robbomet

Self employment income on a T4

Part of my self employment income is reported on a T4 issued by a staffing company where I worked under a services contract for a few months.  I filled in a T slip with all the information which in this case showed nothing for income in Box 14, but show my gross income in  a Box 81 under the "Other information" section. When I finished entering all my incomes and the review my total earnings screen came up there is no mention of the gross income from this job.  Why is this and how do I fix it.

Also, I'm supposed to fill in a T2125 (according to the staffing company) but I wasn't offered one by Turbotax and can't find it by searching.  Why is this?  Robert

1 Reply

Self employment income on a T4

All people who are self-employed need to complete a T2125. You will find this by going to Income- scroll down to Self-employment and click on Self-employment intro. you will complete the following pages as needed. This is your T2125.  You will get to a page which will ask "what was your self-employment or business income?" You will see "Self-employment income reported on T4 slips" this is where you will enter the amount given on your T4 Slip box 81, 82 or 83. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.